Playwork is a profession. Playworkers train to do their job. Playworkers can practice at a number of different levels and can follow different paths – from part-time temporary work to full time permanent posts developing or managing play settings.
To provide an insight into the diversity of the play and playwork workforce in Wales we have interviewed a range of professionals who work in a variety of roles. The Spotlight on… interviews are also intended to give an idea of the job roles available to support children’s play.
- Matthew Jenkins, a playwork tutor with Addysg Oedolion Cymru | Adult Learning Wales
- Ben Thomas, the Youth and Community Co-ordinator at Llanharan Drop In Centre in Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Jade Tomlinson, a Playing Out Co-ordinator from Community and Voluntary Support Conwy (CVSC)
- Isobelle Hawkshaw, a Community Playscheme Playworker
- Ben Webb, Manager at Ashfield Outdoor Nursery.
The next Spotlight on… will feature in the autumn issue of Play for Wales.