Free visits to wetland centres for primary schools
The wetland conservation charity, Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust is offering free visits to wetland centres for primary schools in the UK with 30 percent or more of children qualifying for free school meals. This is part of the trust’s new Generation Wild project, which focuses on connecting children with nature.
Also, as part of Generation Wild, the trust is offering:
- A free visit for every child in the class and their family
- Access to a website containing nature-connection activities for every season
- Curriculum resource packs with activities linked to the project
- Certificates and badges for children
- A chance to win a mini-wetland in the school ground.
Generation Wild is running at seven wetland centres in the UK, including Llanelli. Teachers should contact the nearest centre to find out how to get involved.