Funding: UK Community Renewal Fund
The UK Government is offering funding to lead authorities in 100 priority places in the UK to support communities to pilot new projects that respond to local challenges and local need.
The UK Community Renewal Fund is available in the following areas in Wales:
- Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
- Carmarthenshire County Council
- Ceredigion County Council
- Conwy County Borough Council
- Denbighshire County Council
- Gwynedd Council
- Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council
- Neath Port Talbot Council
- Pembrokeshire County Council
- Powys County Council
- Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council
- Swansea Council
- Torfaen County Borough Council.
Lead authorities should invite project proposals from a range of local applicants including local district councils, voluntary and community sector organisations and local education providers. Lead authorities should then appraise these projects and produce a shortlist of projects up to a maximum of £3 million per place for submission to the UK Government. The UK Government will not accept direct bids from any bodies other than the lead authority.
Projects may align with one, or deliver across several of the following investment priorities:
- Investment in skills
- Investment for local business
- Investment in communities and place
- Supporting people into employment.
Deadline for submitting applications: 18 June 2021 (12:00pm)