Free access to planning and designing child-friendly cities journal
The Urban Design Group has published its Autumn 2020 journal, which focuses on planning and designing cities to be child friendly and features information about play spaces and play opportunities in urban areas.
The ‘Child-friendly city’ issue of the Urban Design journal is available to download and read for free. It features articles such as:
- Children’s Right to the Good City by Wendy Russell (University of Gloucestershire)
- Play Sufficiency Research and Neighbourhood Design by Mike Barclay and Ben Tawil (Ludicology)
- Making Child-Friendly Cities through Urban Design and Engagement by Dinah Bornat (ZCD Architects)
- Child-Friendly Planning and Design by Tim Gill (Rethinking Childhood)
- Designing Neighbourhoods for Play by Katja Stille (Urban Design Group).