Call for papers: Child in the City Seminar
Child in the City is welcoming submissions for the ‘How to make children’s rights mainstream in local policy planning?’ seminar.
The organisers are asking speakers to submit abstracts of less than 300 words for poster or slide presentations. The abstracts should focus on one of the five specific topics:
- Critical reflections on the framework of the United Nations Convention of the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- Children’s rights in the fields of education and childcare (during the coronavirus pandemic)
- Implementing children’s rights in urban planning, development and design
- Children and young people’s participation as a tool to establish children’s rights
- Coronavirus and the neglect of children’s rights, particularly in underprivileged areas.
The seminar will be organised as a hybrid event. Depending on coronavirus guidelines, it will take place in Cascais, Portugal on 17 and 18 June 2021 and online.
Closing date for submitting papers: 26 February 2021