Play and being well – new magazine
New issue of Play for Wales now available!
We have put together this issue of the magazine to highlight the importance of play during times of uncertainty and stress. The need to provide time, space and permission to play is as important as ever as demonstrated in the articles featured.
The play and being well issue includes:
- Guest Editorial – written by Dr Mike Shooter, Chair of Play Wales
- Safe places to play improves well-being – HAPPEN research
- Playing and being well – physical and emotional well-being
- Playworking and coronavirus – case studies from Torfaen, Cardiff and Wrexham
- The therapeutic superpowers of play – written by Maggie Fearn, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist and Play Therapist
- Fun in the garden – a new right to play storybook
- Playwork and coronavirus – just keep learning!
- Playful community example – outreach play sessions in Conwy.
Please note that due to the current situation this issue of Play for Wales will only be available digitally