Back to News
Play in schools – new magazine
The Spring 2019 issue of the Play for Wales magazine is now available.
The Play in schools issue includes:
- Time, space and permission to play in schools – including an example school play policy
- Supporting play in schools – Torfaen and the Vale
- Loose parts play at Mount Stuart Primary School – written by a teacher using loose parts for child-led learning
- Play and education rights: making the links
- Children and young people’s physical activity
- Research: children’s right to play in schools – an overview by researchers at the University of Manchester
- Joint statement on children’s play – key messages for schools
- An interview with the Deputy Minister for Health and Social Services, Julie Morgan AM
- Teenagers need play and leisure opportunities too – written by Seren Leconte, a member of the Children’s Commissioner for Wales’ Advisory Panel
- Spotlight on a Youth and Community Co-ordinator
- Seeking learners for a new playwork qualification
- Playful communities – lunchtime play at Ysgol Ty Ffynnon.