This year’s Playday theme is …
This year Playday will be celebrated on Wednesday 7 August.
We are delighted to announce that the 2019 theme is Play Builds Children.
The Playday 2019 theme aims to highlight the many ways in which play is beneficial to children and young people.
- Play Builds Friendships – playing allows children to interact with others, develop relationships, deal with conflict, and learn respect and tolerance.
- Play Builds Resilience – playing boosts children’s confidence, creativity, problem-solving skills and perseverance, enabling them to cope with stress and challenges throughout life.
- Play Builds Health and Well-being – being active through play helps children physically and emotionally, contributing to their health and happiness.
- Play Builds Communities – playing allows children to learn about the world around them, make connections, and develop a sense of identity and belonging.
Playday is an annual celebration of children's play with thousands of children and families playing out at events across the UK. It is an opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of children's play and the need for quality play opportunities every day of the year.
You can get involved in this year’s Playday by:
- Holding a Playday celebration – whether your event is big or small, the more people that celebrate Playday the more noise we can make for children's play. Register your event online.
- Spreading the word about the campaign – post it, tweet it, blog it! Help spread the word far and wide about children's right and need to play – #Playday2019 / #DiwrnodChwarae2019.
- Follow us on social media – Facebook and Twitter.
- Becoming an official Playday champion – if your organisation is passionate about children's play, why not become an official Playday 2019 campaign champion?