Members £95 | Non-members £95
|Date: 05-10-2022||Location: Online|
|Organiser: Children in Wales|
9:30am – 4:00pm
The interactive course is for those working directly or indirectly with children and young people in a wide range of workplace and community settings who may be responsible for making referrals to social services and attend multiagency events. It is suitable as a refresher for those who have already undertaken basic safeguarding training or who are considering taking the Designated Person role.
- Understand how your policy and procedures relate to legislation and guidance in the UK, Welsh and local context
- Ensure all staff notice and respond to concerns about a child or young person at risk
- Explore what contributes to effective assessment and decision making in relation to concerns
- Consider what we can learn from when things have gone wrong in safeguarding children and young people
- Recognise the importance of staff taking responsibility to pass on information about possible abuse and neglect
- Understand how values and attitudes affect responses to reporting safeguarding concerns
- Understand how the child protection system works
- Consider best practice in recording, sharing information and collaborating in a multiagency context.