Members £95 | Non-members £95
|Date: 08-09-2022||Location: Online|
|Organiser: Children in Wales|
9:30am – 3:00pm
A sound knowledge of child development is essential when working with children. Having knowledge about typical patterns of development helps to identify where there are concerns that a child may be ‘off track’ and may need additional support. A good understanding of development can help keep children safe, promote wellbeing, assist in assessment and inform which interventions or support is most suited to their needs.
This course is for anyone working with children from 0 to 12 years old who want to increase their understanding of what to expect of children at certain stages of development and how it can support their role.
- Understand the growth and development of children 0 to 12 years old
- Consider growth across different domains of development, including brain development
- Consider factors that contribute to delaying or interrupting a child’s development
- Explore the impact that adversity and trauma can have on child development
- Explore the importance of play in the development of children
- Consider the available tools to observe and assess a child’s development and the options to support a child’s developmental needs
- Reflect on how to support parents and carers to promote positive outcomes for children.