Early Years and Children’s Rights
Members £0 | Non-members £0
|Date: 24-11-2022||Location: Online|
|Organiser: Children in Wales|
9:30am – 1:00pm
This Welsh Government funded training course is aimed at practitioners working with children under seven years or with their families in a range of settings including childcare, family support, playwork, outdoor and arts activities.
Attendees will have an opportunity to explore the meaning of child centred work in practice. The session will enable people to understand where children’s rights come from, how they impact on different areas of work, and the policy and legal processes that support the implementation of child rights.
- Understand what the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) is and how it is implemented in Wales
- To have an overview of the early years political context and processes in Wales
- Identification of the key policy drivers and national priorities for the early years
- Understand how key areas of work within your organisation fit into the main policy areas concerning early years
- Understand how the voice of child is heard in the early years.