Bilingualism at work
Members £0 | Non-members £0
|Date: 02-11-2021||Location: Online|
|Organiser: Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA)|
10:00am – 11:30am
This session run by the Welsh Language Commissioner’s Hybu Team will explore how to develop organisations’ use of the Welsh language. It will provide information and practical advice for increasing organisations’ Welsh language provision.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand the historical and contemporary Welsh language context
- Understand the legislative and public policy situation in Wales
- Understand the relevance of the Welsh language to customers and service users
- Be able to describe the advantages of the Welsh language within the third sector
- Be able to identify and use the support and advice available, free of charge, from the Welsh Language Commissioner and others.
The session is suitable for:
- Workers, volunteers and trustees who want to gain a better understanding of the role of the Welsh language within their organisation
- Staff members with responsibility for their organisation’s Welsh language provision
- Individuals wanting to learn more about the relevance of the Welsh language to their role.
This session will be delivered in Welsh.