An Introduction to good governance
Members £50 | Non-members £72
|Date: 14-10-2021||Location: Online|
|Organiser: Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA)|
9:30am – 12:30pm
This course will introduce the principles of good governance based on the Charity Governance Code and Charity Commission guidance. It will provide practical tools for improving governance of the participant’s charity.
By attending the course, participants will:
- Understand what is meant by ‘good governance’ in a charity context and be able to apply this to the organisation
- Understand the difference between governance and management and why this is important
- Have increased knowledge of the role and responsibilities of individual trustees
- Have increased knowledge of the role of the board (or management committee) as a group
- Have increased awareness of simple steps that can be taken to improve the governance of the charity and where to find more resources.
This course is most suitable for people who are new to their governance role or who want a refresher. This includes trustees and certain staff members, such as Chief Executives, governance officers, company secretaries and finance leads.