Designated Safeguarding Person Training
Members £220 | Non-members £220
|Date: 22-09-2021||Location: Online|
|End Date: 23-09-2021||Organiser: Children in Wales|
This course is will explore the role of the ‘Designated Person’ and how this can be incorporated into organisations. It will consider:
- Legislation and guidance on safeguarding children and young people, particularly within the Welsh context
- Essential safeguarding measures that need to be in place
- The ‘abuse of trust’ and how to remain alert to potential sexual offences within the organisation
- Assessing concerns about a child and making a referral to social services if necessary
- The statutory child protection system and what may be expected of you
- Confidentiality and good record keeping
- Diversity and the additional vulnerabilities for some children.
The course is aimed at people acting in the ‘Designated Person’ role working in a variety of organisations, including schools, children’s daycare and residential settings. It is also aimed at those working in services providing support to children and families in the voluntary and private sector.