Child in the City Seminar
Members £0 | Non-members £0
|Date: 19-05-2022||Location: Cascais, Portugal and online|
|End Date: 20-05-2022||Organiser: Child in the City and City of Cascais|
The ‘How to make children’s rights mainstream in local policy planning’ seminar will explore children’s rights and implementing the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in policy contexts.
Within the central theme of the seminar, the organisers have set out five sub-themes for exploration:
- Critical reflections on the framework of the UNCRC
- Children’s rights in the fields of education and childcare (during the coronavirus pandemic)
- The implementation of children’s rights in urban planning, development and design
- Children and young people’s participation as a tool to establish children’s rights
- Coronavirus pandemic and the neglect of children’s rights, particularly in underprivileged areas.
The event will be live but the organisers will continue to follow developments regarding the coronavirus, and follow the guidelines set out by experts.
Further details to follow