Playday 2018 theme announced
This year’s Playday will take place on Wednesday 1 August.
To celebrate 31 years of Playday this year’s theme is children’s right to play.
Article 31 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) says that every child has the right to play.
The Playday 2018 theme aims to:
- Support communities to come together to celebrate children’s right to play
- Raise awareness about children’s right to play
- Promote the importance of playing for children’s happiness as well as physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Playday is an annual celebration of children's play with thousands of children and families playing out at events across the UK. It is an opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of children's play and the need for quality play opportunities every day of the year.
You can get involved in this year’s Playday by:
- Holding a Playday celebration – whether your event is big or small, the more people that celebrate Playday the more noise we can make for children's play. Register your event online.
- Spreading the word about the campaign – post it, tweet it, blog it! Help spread the word far and wide about children's right and need to play – #Playday2018.
- Follow us on social media – Facebook and Twitter.
- Becoming an official Playday champion – if your organisation is passionate about children's play, why not become an official Playday 2018 campaign champion?