Free access to issue of Children, Youth and Environments journal
The International Play Association (IPA) is offering free access to the latest issue of the Children, Youth and Environment journal until 15 November 2018.
The Unleashing the Power of Play: Research from the International Play Association 20th Triennial Conference issue includes a review by Mary Ann Rintoul of IPA’s Access to Play for Children in Situations of Crisis toolkit. It was written by Play Wales’ Assistant Director, Marianne Mannello, and Workforce Development Officer, Martin King-Sheard.
This issue also includes the following articles and reports:
- ‘From Policy to Play Provision: Universal Design and the Challenges of Inclusive Play’
written by Helen Lynch, Alice Moore and Maria Prellwitz
- ‘Early Childhood Educators' Perceptions of Play and Inquiry on a Nature Playscape’
written by Sue Schlembach, Leslie Kochanowski, Rhonda Douglas Brown and Victoria Carr
- Street Play in the Revitalization of Low-Birthrate Communities: Playborhood Street Tokyo’ written by Hitoshi Shimamura.
A number of other publications are also reviewed in this issue, including:
- Cities Alive: Designing for Urban Childhoods (Arup) – reviewed by Adrian Voce
- Under the Same Sky: Children's Rights and the Environment (IPA, Children’s Parliament [Scotland], Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland, and Terre des Hommes) – reviewed by Michelle Templeton.